Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lazada: Changing the Local Online Shopping Scene One Day at a Time

I am not the least bit surprised that Filipinos have finally discovered the wonders of online shopping. Given our adaptability and ability to latch on to trends and technology, I’d say we were a bit late. It’s about time we explore and fully develop this wonderful by-product of technology. While we don’t lack in physical malls, we don’t really have any virtual malls around to be proud of until Lazada Philippines came into the picture. I remember how local online shopping used to be. We had a lot of business-minded individuals peddling their goods ruling the scene. How it basically goes is they post pictures of the stuff they are selling through social networking sites and interested buyers make inquiries by either texting, calling, commenting on the product photo, or sending a personal message via social networking sites. At times, it takes days before a sale is finalized. And don’t get me started on the payment methods. Almost always, you line up in a bank to deposit the payment and email the seller a scanned copy of your deposit slip. Whew! I got tired just by reliving the memories and typing it here. Obviously, it wasn’t the most fuss-free way to shop online but it worked until you realize that there’s got to be a better way than that.

Along Came Lazada Philippines

Then comes the Philippines’ Online Shopping Mall and you suddenly recognize what you’re missing out on. It is a shopping site of the same calibre as the ones abroad. I had hard time believing it until I browsed through the site myself. Move over, Amazon.com! Seriously, I was impressed with it. It’s impeccably run and ordering is so easy. Just put the item you want in your shopping cart and hit check out and that’s basically it in a nutshell. Paying is also very easy as you may do so via three ways: credit card, Cash on Delivery (COD), and online banking/over-counter-payment thru Dragon Pay. When I first tried shopping at this site, I was really thrilled to bits and more so when I got the stuff I bought in less than 3 days. How amazing is that? In a world where you’re always expecting delivery delays, it’s certainly refreshing to know they do honor their commitment of on time delivery. Heck, it was actually way ahead of schedule! And did I mention I didn’t pay extra for the delivery fee? Yup, Lazada Philippines does have free delivery available to various shipping destinations in the country with no minimum spend needed. Knowing that is enough reason to make you shop more, right?

 

Great Things In Store

I can’t wait to see what Lazada Philippines has in store for us in the future. They have got it going on for them. We should really thank our lucky stars the day this site established its presence in our country. Without them, we would still probably be stuck in what I would like to call the dark ages of online shopping (aka shopping through social networking sites). While online shopping through social networking sites still exists and nothing’s really wrong with it, isn’t it so much more convenient to have all your shopping needs taken care of in one go while at the comfort of your home? In my honest opinion, we should have had something like this years and years ago. But as they say, it is better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment