Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lazada Online Mall: Mastering the Art of Mixing Business with Pleasure


            I can’t believe I’ve only heard of Lazada Philippines recently. Had I known about the existence of this fabulous shopping site early on, I would’ve saved myself the trouble of going to malls just to shop. And fabulous it really is. It carries my favorite brands and a lot of really cute clothes, shoes, and accessories. They also offer a lot of cool promos that let customers save money. We’re in a digital era now and shopping is no longer confined to physical stores. While I’ve been shopping in virtual stores for quite a while now, we have none of what the Philippines’ Online Shopping Mall offers. 

A Shopper’s Tale




It’s funny to note that I heard about this company through a former co-worker who now works for them. I bumped into her in Makati and did the usual exchange of his and hellos. We had a short conversation and she mentioned she now works for Lazada Philippines and how much she enjoys her job. I was also job-hunting at that time and she promised she would refer me once there is a vacancy. As soon as I got home, the nosy side of me egged me to check out the site. I really had no intention to shop; I just wanted to see what the company was all about. To say that I liked what I saw would be an understatement - I went gaga and bought a lot of stuff on the spot! I know I shouldn’t be shopping given that I was jobless at that time but I wasn’t able to help myself. More so when I found they have free delivery available to a lot of areas in the country! Plus, some of the items I bought were sold cheaper at their site than in actual stores. I also had a fun time pinning items on my customizable account page’s wish list in the hopes of buying them as soon as the budget permits. 

Business with Pleasure

After my shopping spree, I finally managed to read about the company’s background. I got the impression that they’re really a fun bunch to work with given the dynamic, fast-paced and entertaining nature of the industry they’re in. Based from the way they run their website and organization, I got a feeling that their employees are happy, well-compensated, and extremely competent. That explains also why they’re doing such a good job in making Lazada Philippines the most happening shopping site in the country. 

My shopping loot got delivered weeks ago and, just as expected, they were in fantastic condition. I felt as if Christmas came early while tearing the packaging off my goodies. I couldn’t help but wonder how great it feels that something like this is finally here for us to enjoy. I also couldn’t help but be excited with the prospect of being able to work for them. The last time I checked, no vacancy has arisen yet for the post I’m qualified for. But then again, with a great company like them, you really can’t expect people to leave their jobs anytime soon. For now, I guess I’ll just have to wait and shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment